Audio, Video, Lighting Design Engineer
Send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line Design Engineer Position.
Duties and Responsibilities
- This position allows for the engineer to work from home. They do not have to live in the Greater Birmingham, AL area; strict guidelines apply.
- Ability to design and engineer complete system(s)
- Follow projects through to final adjustment and commissioning of installed systems
- Directly meet with clients and survey job sites to determine their system needs.
- Test and program control systems, computer controlled digital signal processors, routers or mixers
- Creates equipment lists, floor plans, rack and console elevations, wire pull list,.
- Creates test plans and test systems
- Research equipment for compatibility with other equipment.
- Coordinate with appropriate departments to assure proper scheduling & integration of designed systems
- Must be able to provide economically feasible audio/visual, sound, RF, conferencing and network systems design, and propose products for suitability and reliability for use on projects
- Draw plans in CAD and provide details and drawings used for fabrication and installation of audio, video, and control systems. We do not have support staff that also does cad.
- Additional details and expectations available upon request.
Skills and Competencies:
- Ability to read, understand and draft CAD schematics and construction documents
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to interact directly with customers on the job site and effectively manage customer communication
- Ability to sit at your desk for long periods of time and generate complete plans for entry level installers to be able to follow and install by.
- Be punctual and self-motivated
- Effectively communicate schedules and job site changes to management and staff
- Learn new software programs pertinent to the job
- Be knowledgeable with equipment utilized in the AVL industry (production and install)
- Job involves out of state travel
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's or Associates engineering Degree preferred; will also consider Technical school training with electronics/installation training and related experience
- 5 plus years experience with AVL installations of various sizes
- CST and CST-D, or NICET Certification in audio certification preferred
- Good troubleshooting skills
How to Apply/Notes:
- Send your resume’ to Mr. Larry Bounds at email@example.com
- Include a cover letter with salary requirements
- Candidates that are granted face-to-face interviews will be subjected to a back-ground check, credit check, and personality profile test
- ESB is a smoke free, drug free company and random substance abuse testing is done at least annually
- Compensation is competitive based on background and experience; includes benefits.